Friday, August 04, 2006

Portrait Show at the East Hawaii Cultural Center


Here I am with handsome Kuane (Duane) at the show's opening. He made me the most amazing lei using ti leaves. Click on the photo to get a better look.













At the same time the Arthur Johnsen Gallery was open for First Friday and we also decorated for the Hawaii's World Heritage Festival window display competition. Everyone came through with their stuff.

Craig's been working very hard to frame my pieces and they really add so much to the art. The piece in the corner right is my newest I call "Exiled in Puna". Above that is a giclee of "Nuts for Cocos". To it's left is a painting that took me all spring to paint because it rained so much I couldn't stay out for long periods, let alone get out to paint (Plein Air painting can be a pain). I call this one "Road from Kalani".

No comments: