Friday, October 31, 2008

Get out and Vote!

We drove up to Pahoa and voted. I didn't want to wait until Tuesday, even though it would have been at Kalani (which would have been fun). There were no lines and no one was doing the electronic voting when I was there (they only had one machine). Maybe everyone is afraid of some kind of fraud. I didn't think of that at the time, I was just being my usual gadget self and it seemed easier to me. Besides, in this case, they did have a printer that made a copy of my votes.

There were two people running the election station that day. A woman at the computer who looked things up and a big guy who asked for i.d. The guy was kind of unsmiling and scarey, but then he offered us all Halloween candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you are the first to vote! As always you are ahead of me.
Keep the good work.
Fall is here and as always is beautiful, but not looking forward to winter.
Thinking about going to Peru during Thanksgiving not sure yet.
If not maybe we can visit you.
Take care.
Miriam