Saturday, January 10, 2009

Life drawing

Another Saturday session at Arthur's Studio. The last couple of times I've decided to work smaller instead of the traditional huge sizes, mostly so I don't have to stand while drawing. I once studied life drawing with Justine Wolfson (who also taught intaglio print making). I think I was kind of channeling her because as I was drawing I remembered her detailed small drawings that she would do during the class while she encouraged us to draw large. We had a great model today, someone who'd done it for over 20 years, a real "pro" (he actually has an MFA, in sculpture and ceramics-but he probably did a lot of modeling during art school). He was very strict with our one minute gesture poses so in some ways it was good that I was working smaller.

No comments: