Sunday, April 29, 2007

Remembering Joel

Joel Shockman, husband, father, doctor, friend, just passed away last week. I was just beginning to know him better. We were at their home in Kapoho less than two weeks ago and he was sharing his new "toys" with us. His massage chair and a device he picked up in Maui that shakes your legs to align your spine.

I just found out that because of Joel, his partner, Cosette is here in Hawaii. That means because of Joel, Arthur has a gallery in Hilo. Because Cosette is Arthur's partner/co-owner in the gallery. Without the gallery, I wouldn't have gotten to know Arthur as well, either. We would just have been "hi there, what was your name again?" friends at the beach. And though I was painting in oils before meeting Arthur, he got me started doing plein air. And only because he was opening the gallery and asked me if I wanted to be a part of it. Wow, the chain of events because of a person. Thank you Joel.

No comments: